Thursday, March 31, 2016

Project 8: Prework

Dmitry Ageev
I love everything about this photo, the model's expression, the lighting, the contrast, the sharpness and the black and white filter. The mood is clear in this portrait because of what the photographer used, like the lighting and the editing.
Bill Gekas
I love the colors in this. The greens, reds, and pinks. I like the vignette and the lighting on the subject that makes you really focus in on her. I feel like everything fits together in this photo, the cherries on her ears, her rosy cheeks, and her red lips. I especially love the rosy cheeks and the braids, how the convey a sense of innocence. 

Photographer Unknown
I like the way she's positioned with her head looking sideways, it really works with this type of shot and where it's cropped. I also like how she's looking straight into the camera, and the color and the brightness of her eyes is what you immediately notice when looking at this cover. Her eyes and expression are what makes this cover stand out, which is what you want for a magazine since people will notice it and be drawn to it.
Photographer Unknown
I love this photo, the senary is amazing. This picture will definitely encourage people to hike. I like how the person is standing at the top, it works well with how the cover is formatted. I also really like the colors on the picture, and how they match the colors of the words.

Comparing and Contrasting the Fine Art Portrait and the Commercial Magazine Portrait
A fine art portrait wants to get the mood of the picture across, it is used to make the audience feel something. A commercial magazine portrait wants to make you want to buy something or look through the magazine. Despite them being different both of these use lighting, color, and contrast to make you feel of want to do something.  

No comments:

Post a Comment