Tuesday, April 12, 2016

Project 8: Fine Art and Commercial Portraits

In this Project our assignment was to take and edit two fine art and two commercial magazine portraits. For my fine art I choose members of my family to photograph. I later edited them to enhance the mood of the photo, and chose the best photos to post. For my commercial Portraits I took photos that would work with my Nature/Adventure magazine I'm planing on doing. I took photos and edited them so that the colors would stand out, so it would catch peoples eye as an ad or a cover, and would make people want to buy the magazine or product. 


Fine Art Portrait
This is of my little sister. It took along time to get this shot. She kept on smiling and running away. I really like this photo with the shadows, contrast, and black and white. She's one of the only people in my family that has brown eyes, which I think works really well here. Unfortunately the day I took pictures of her, her friend had punched her in the face earlier. That's why there's that thing on her face to the right of her nose.

Fine Art Portrait
I wanted this photo to have the subject looking away from the camera, of into the distance. I couldn't get the lighting exactly right. It ended up being too bright, so her face was washed out. I edited to make it a little darker, so we can focus more on her face. 

Commercial Magazine Portrait
My mom and I went to Utah for a weekend after Spring Break. I took her picture looking over at the view of Provo. I think this would work really well for a nature/adventure magazine I'm going to be doing.

Commercial Magazine Portrait
My family went up to Mt. Hood on a very sunny day. This is my brother at Timberline. It was a clear day, so I was able to get a beautiful background behind him. This picture is an option for a nature/adventure magazine cover I'm going to be doing. I think it's a good commercial shoot. He has all his ski gear on and is holding his skis, with a snowy mountain behind him. This would be a good photo for a commercial for ski gear.  

No comments:

Post a Comment